Okay Claire, don't get nervous, we'll start it from scratch.
So you have a printer, that you feel like throwing away in the dustbin correct?
Now before doing that, please consider few things.
1st being have you performed a Hard reset? If you don't know what that means then follow this:-
- Disconnect everything from your printer (unplug all the connections)
- Press and hold the power button (your printer power button) for atleast 15 seconds and then release it.
- Connect it back up and power on.
Next, after doing that we'll uninstall the printer drivers.
So you said something about deleting the drivers? But anyway, try these:-
- GOTO Start/Search for 'programs and features'
- Locate your appropriate printer drivers, right click and uninstall.
- restart you computer again, put the printer installation disk into the cd drive, let it load and install.
That's it. And let us know about the results; we'll be glad to further assist you.